in His Presence

Psalm 100

1 Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth! 2 Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into his presence with singing!

3 Know that the Lord, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!

5 For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.


200903301047.jpg

I'm not sure how many times I've read this Psalm. Many. But as I was reading it again this week, God smacked me with something new.

Isn't it cool when He does that?

Anyway, I usually see this Psalm as the "sing and be happy because God made us and He is good" Psalm. But this week, verse 2 really struck me. "Come into his presence with singing!" His presence.

It doesn't say come to church with singing...

It doesn't say come to youth retreat with singing...

It doesn't say come to your home group with singing...

It says come into his presence with singing.

Galatians 2:20 says this: I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

If Christ lives in me, then THE PRESENCE OF ALMIGHTY GOD is IN ME.

So, Christian, sing His praise all the time. His presence is in you.

Be glad, sing, make a joyful noise.