New blog tools

I'm trying out two new tools with my blog.

Ecto and Image Shackle.

The first is a lot like Mars Edit which I've tried in the past. Basically it's an offline blog editor/composer. Seems to work well. If it keeps doing what I need, I wouldn't have to log in to Blogger to post. Free trial. Don't know if I'll buy it yet.

The second is an image sizing tool that resizes and converts to .jpg. Runs in the Mac dashboard. So it's always available and easily accessible. This one's free.

What I would really like that I haven't found is a way to copy the style of my website onto my blog. I'm sure the ability exists out there somewhere. Hopefully I'll find it!

Comments

4 Responses to "New blog tools"

Tahd said... November 6, 2008 at 10:03 AM

WordPress lets you post via email. Does Blogger offer this? Might be another solution to the "I don't always want to log in to post" issue.

Keith said... November 6, 2008 at 10:15 AM

I've messed w/ WP a little. Like it too. Just haven't gone there all the way yet...

Tahd said... November 7, 2008 at 9:26 PM

Heidi says Blogger lets you post by email, too...

Tahd said... November 18, 2008 at 11:21 AM

http://www.reviewsaurus.com/software-reviews/use-a-desktop-blogging-client-instead-of-default-editor/

Post a Comment